Welcome to the British Association for Applied Linguistics Language in Africa Special Interest Group (LiASIG).
Our aim is to generate, support and disseminate research in the field of Applied Linguistics in sub-Saharan Africa through:
- our network of scholars and academic organisations in Africa, UK and rest of the world
- our annual meetings and events
- promoting members’ research
- and our Hot Topic discussions
For more information and to join our network, please contact
- The LiASIG Secretary- Colin Reily email@example.com or
- The Convenor, Goodith White firstname.lastname@example.org
Find us on the Sociolinguistic Events Calendar: http://baal.org.uk/slxevents.html
Our 2017 Conference
British Association for Applied Linguistics Annual Conference (BAAL 2017).
Theme: Diversity in Applied Linguistics: Opportunities, Challenges, Questions.
University of Leeds
31st August – 2nd September
More information on the annual BAAL conference can be found here.
Scholarship are available to assist those from outside of the UK in attending the conference. Information available here.